Valentine’s Day Text Message Facts
It’s Valentine’s Day and we wanted to give you some fun facts on text messaging and this special day of love.
- 1 of 5 Americans have been dumped by text message. In the UK, it’s 1 in 10.
- 17% of Americans have said “I Love You” for the first time via text.
- 68% have sent a love note via text.
- 67% have flirted via text.
- 25% of Americans text their partner at least 10 times per day.
- 40% have deleted a text message from another potential mate, because they didn’t want their partner to see it.
- 42% have checked their partner’s mobile phone for messages from others.
- 17% of 15-year-olds have sent a sexually suggestive photo via their cell phone.
- 10% of those under 25 have sent a text message while having sex.
Now, that’s the true meaning of sexting.